Holsteiners are very popular sport horses and are one of the oldest German breeds. The monks at Uetersen Monastery, located in what is now Schleswig-Holstein in northern Germany, started breeding them in the 14th century. However, the first recorded mentions of Holsteiners are much older, dating back to the year 1225.
The Schleich figures are modelled with attention to detail, lovingly hand-painted with care, and provide children with educationally valuable playtime.
- Premium Quality
- Motif: Holsteiner Gelding
- Item Notes: None
- Schleich Figurines are Modelled in the Finest Detail
- Helps Children Learn While They Play
- Suitable for Children Aged 5 to 12 Years
- Toy Figure
- Scientific Name: Equus Ferus Caballus
- Global Home: Worldwide
- Conservation Statis: Least Concern
Holsteiners are branded with a crowned shield containing the letter 'H'.