Dartmoor ponies come from a region of moor-and-heathland in south-west England. They are highly robust and sure-footed. In the past, they were used as working horses in tin mines, where they pulled heavy carts. Nowadays, they are popular as driving horses and as ponies for children due to their friendly, calm and reliable character.
The Schleich figures are modelled with attention to detail, lovingly hand-painted with care, and provide children with educationally valuable playtime.
- Premium Quality
- Motif: Dartmoor Pony Mare
- Item Notes: None
- Schleich Figurines are Modelled in the Finest Detail
- Helps Children Learn While They Play
- Suitable for Children Aged 3 to 8 Years
- Not Suitable for Children Under Three Years
- Toy Figure
- Scientific Name: Equus Caballus
- Global Home: North America, Europe
- Conservation Status: Critically Endangered
Dartmoor ponies are one of the oldest English pony breeds.