The leopard has flower-shaped, black spots on its fur and is confusingly similar to the jaguar. However, the jaguar's spots have a small white dot in the middle.
A leopard is very fast and can jump six metres forwards and three metres high in one bound. Only rarely do prey manage to escape this skilful hunter. It even follows them into the water or up trees, because it can swim and climb exceptionally well. It can effortlessly climb tall trees up to 15 metres high, even while holding prey in its mouth that is larger and heavier than the leopard itself. No other big cat can climb as high, which is why the leopard is safe from other predators up there. It also spends a lot of time in trees, where it sleeps and keeps a lookout.
The Schleich figures are modelled with attention to detail, lovingly hand-painted with care, and provide children with educationally valuable playtime.
- Premium Quality
- Motif: Leopard
- Schleich Figurines are Modelled in the Finest Detail
- Helps Children Learn While They Play
- Suitable for Children Aged 3 to 8 Years
- Scientific Name: Panthera Pardus
- Global Home: Africa, Asia
- Conservation Status: Near Threatened
- Primary Habitat: Subtropical Forest, Savanna
The leopard is, as well as tigers and jaguars, one of the few big cats that like to swim.