Baby orang-utans cling to their mother's belly for the first few weeks of their lives. When baby orang-utans reach the age of two and are strong enough, they swing between branches themselves using their long arms. However, they still hold their mother's hand as they do so to be on the safe side.
The Schleich figures are modelled with attention to detail, lovingly hand-painted with care, and provide children with educationally valuable playtime.
- Premium Quality
- Motif: Young Orangutan
- Item Notes: None
- Schleich Figurines are Modelled in the Finest Detail
- Helps Children Learn While They Play
- Suitable for Children Aged 3 to 8 Years
- Not Suitable for Children Under Three Years
- Toy Figure
- Scientific Name: Pongo Pygmaeus
- Global Home: Asia
- Conservation Status: Critically Endangered
- Primary Habitat: Subtropical Forest
Newborn orangutans have pink faces. It is only over the course of time that their faces get darker.