A toucan's beak grows to a length of up to 20 cm and is four times larger than its head. Although it looks very heavy, it is actually very light since it is hollow inside. When it is very hot, the bird sends blood into the fine veins in the beak where it cools down before flowing back into the body.
The Schleich figures are modelled with attention to detail, lovingly hand-painted with care, and provide children with educationally valuable playtime.
- Premium Quality
- Motif: Toucan
- Schleich Figurines are Modelled in the Finest Detail
- Helps Children Learn While They Play
- Suitable for Children Aged 3 to 8 Years
- Scientific Name: Ramphastos Toco
- Global Home: South America, Central America
- Conservation Status: Critically Endangered
- Primary Habitat: Forest
Toucans can't fly very well. They usually move by hopping